Sunday, October 28, 2007

I know we needed the rain, but I am glad it finally ended! The horse farm is not a good place to go after three days of rain, actually one day makes quite a mess!

With the clearer weather, we managed to meet up with some of my daughter's friends at Hershey Park on Saturday. It was fun, got to ride some of the roller coasters.. but I did not get a chance to ride my favorite one - The Great Bear. We rode the Comet, my daughter's first roller coaster (front seat with her mom when she was 5.. she was just tall enough). We rode it three times that first day, just the once this time. The Wild Mouse and the Wildcat also. On our way out, my daughter caught sight of the S'Mores stand... good eyes! We both enjoyed that treat on the way to the car.

Last week's weather was also a problem for other reasons... on the minor side, my commute was horrible, on the major side, Denise, the woman who cleans my house was in a car accident... some cuts, minor back injury, and a broken hand... I am told she is OK, but out of action for a while. So today I cleaned the house... it's been a while since I have done many of these tasks, but I managed to get to about 70% of what would have normally been done. I have a renewed appreciation of what Denise does for me. Get well soon!

On to the start of another week... hope everyone has a good one!

4 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

Sorry about Denise. I sympathize!

A S'More stand? How wonderful!

Anne said...

I love the great bear!!!! one of my all time faves! Thunder & lightning rank up there too, such a great place. not a fan of the mouse, tho.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a good dad you are! A bunch of girls AND a theme park.

So how many weeks is the house yours? Is it time to teach housekeeping to your daughter?????
I find child slave labor very rewarding!

MarkEC said...

AM - will have to do a S'More's night soon.
Anne - I do enjoy those metal tube coasters, they are so smooth...and hanging from the rail.. even cooler.
Greeny - not sure how long I have to maintain this place alone. The daughter may help, but I think training the dog may be easier. ;-)