Monday, November 5, 2007

My birthday is tomorrow! As I reflect on the past year.. nah.. not going to get all introspective and stuff like that. Just going to say it has been a great 6 months, must be the blogging... it brings me such joy! ;-)

Got to enjoy an early celebration on Friday with a wonderful dinner and a play. It was Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew", but done with modern costumes and props. This made for a interesting presentation, from humor to some unsettling parts along the lines of domestic violence, but seemed to end with a more modern "mutual respect/team approach" to relationships. I think I am going to start saying "Well Met" instead of hello for a while.. just to be brave ( or stupid?).

Saturday brought the 30th anniversary gala for Changing Focus. It was a fun event, with a lot of folks I've known for a long time now. We even managed a few dances, of the slower variety.. will be at least another week before "the Twist" or "Brown-eyed girl". We followed up this event with The Crayfish at a local bar, always entertaining!

Sunday I started to feel a cold coming on, and it has been making itself noticed more today. Hopefully after a few naps today and a good nights sleep, I will shake it soon. Nothing quite as much fun as being sick on your birthday. (OK, I am sure that can be topped in many ways.. just going for the sympathy comments) :-)

OK. go ahead and top it.. what were some of your more "fun" birthdays?

Off to bed... Have a good election day!

7 comments:

Mom said...

Happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Haapy Birthday!! Hope it ws cold-free and lovely too.

AM Kingsfield said...

Happy Birthday! Go to bed!! Take care of yourself!

My 40th birthday was wonderful - a new beginning.

Sue said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mark,

Sorry I forgot.

:-(

wendy said...

Well Happy birthday, I see your cold on your birthday and raise you... But it has been a great year for me , so maybe being sick on your birthday is good luck.

MarkEC said...

Thanks for all your birthday wishes! Despite the fact that I could not go our and party all night on my actual birthday.. I have to admit, it was one of my better ones! :-)

John said...

Hope you had a happy birthday. Sorry I missed it. Maybe next year.