Sunday, November 18, 2007

It was an all blogger birthday celebration on Friday, with Anne, Dan, myself and AM. We were all impressed with Anne's new iPhone.. I really have to get one of those soon! We were in Annapolis at the Rams Head to enjoy the sold out Mark Cohn concert and some refreshing local brews. It was a great start to a fun night!

Saturday was a relaxing day with not too much to do until the afternoon when we took a road trip to my old neighborhood in Forest Hill to pick up my daughter and have dinner with my "old" neighbors. (they aren't really that old.. just from my old neighborhood) :-) We had a good time with new introductions and delicious food, then trekked our way back south to the "new" neighborhood.


Sunday, the daughter and I were up early for the last horse show of the fall season. It was a cold, blustery day.. with a few raindrops here and there at the beginning, but the day turned out nice and the show went well. She decided to enter into some morning walk/trot/canter classes and an afternoon jumper series (small fences). She won first place for the first time on Pilgrim (her horse) on the second of the jumper classes and was thrilled (especially after a little difficulty on the first jumper class). We came home cold and tired, with a rainbow of ribbons and smiles on our faces.


Looking forward to the shortened work week and Thanksgiving festivities. I usually don't have too much trouble finding a few things to be thankful for, but this year will be especially easy! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a perfect weekend. Food, friends, fun, family. Nothing much more one could hope for except perhps a winning lottery ticket.

Your daughter rocks. What a cool hobby, but I've said that before.

A very short work week for us as well. And a long list of things to be thankful for.

AM Kingsfield said...

I feel like my whole work week ganged up on the first two days.

It was a fun weekend. I'm looking forward to this holiday one too. One day we'll have to get greeny out east too.