Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tonight I witnessed several incidents of husbands being thrown out of cars, the disappointment over not being able to have a baby, confusing discussions over money, and a beautiful cop who was making a mint on speeding tickets. Then it was my turn... and I won the Nobel Prize! We were playing the Game of Life. :-) It was a bit different than I remembered from the version I grew up with... seemed like you could do more "gambling" in the older edition, but I also recall those games hardly ever finishing, since they took so long. It was fun playing together, laughing, and for a change a computer was not involved!

What are some of your favorite non-computer games?

4 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

That will be $5,000 please.
(You can pay up later.)

wendy said...

Stratego, remember that one. Your choice of games hits to close to home!

Anne said...

Uno, and "double" Uno (ah, college days) and Clue, still love that. We currently have the Simpson's version wherein Mr. Burns gets knocked off and the weapons include a donut and a saxophone. Smithers looks darn cute dressed as Mrs. White.

John said...

Uno, Scrabble, and Othello. My wife kicks my butt at Othello but she doesn't stand a chance at Scrabble. She gets tired of challenging my words and so she quits. that's when I sneak in things like Zarque, a tree grown only in the swamps of southern Louisiana, in the family of xoditrites and lunreacles.