Monday, October 8, 2007

Updates: My dad is doing well... he is getting chemo and radiation therapies over the last few weeks, and while it has been tiring for him, he is getting through it.

AM has a nice new blue cast, being decorated now by her friends and family. She is getting around better with less pain as the days go by. Getting out of the house from time to time for short trips and lacrosse games.

As for me.. I have been helping out where I can. Managing to keep all my web site projects up to date. Trying to get ready for a big work event next Friday. But today I got out to play some golf. It was a long day in the heat (5.5 hours to play 18 holes), but I managed a couple of pars and a birdie, even though I had a few meltdown holes (an 8 on a par 3.. ugh). Then off to meet up with some friends for some 8-ball. I had some good shots there too. Tomorrow is a work holiday, so not feeling too guilty about indulging myself. (OK, those who know me might wonder about that). Tomorrow, I will have to do a lot of good things for others to make up for this! ;-)

I was blessed with a lot of laughter over the last few days... a mom's text messaging attempts...friendly teasing about new tattoos (not mine)... creative use of trees in golf shots (mine)... my friend's pool banter (My good friend Chad used to keep me in stitches when we were shooting pool, looking forward to celebrating at his wedding in two weeks!).

What are some of the things that have made you laugh recently?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good positive things going on for you and your loved ones.

It's always nice to hear of someone getting in some hobbies. Although golf would not be a hobby for me, I'm afraind. Besides sewing, that's where I use the most expletives per hour.

I laughed very hard on Saturday while spending time with the band students. They are so original and I highly appreciate that.
Have a spectacular Columbus Day and thanks for the birthday wishes.

Mom said...

Trying to text.

AM Kingsfield said...

My kids are usually good for a few laughs. I laugh at their laughter more than the thing that tickled them in the first place.