Sunday, June 3, 2007


I was at an end of season pizza dinner for my daughter's soccer team the other day... the coach was talking about how hard this season has been. For a variety of reasons, we have usually only been able to field 9 instead of 11 players and the girls had lost all their matches, a few by 9-0 or so. The coach was upset about this, since it was just a rec league and for fun. So we went into the last match on Saturday with just 9 players.. expecting to be crushed. Not so.. the other team had extra players and gave our team two of their girls to even out the squads... the girls all played hard and the game ended a 1-1 tie. It was such a nice end to the season.. the two girls who played with us were even included in our team photo.

The rest of the weekend was very enjoyable, a charming date Saturday night, and experiencing a new church on Woman's Sunday. I could not remember being at a Presbyterian service, then it dawned on me.. the first school I ever went to was Presbyterian Day School in Memphis, Tennessee. I don't remember that very well (K to 2nd grade).. but between that, and the Anglican and Catholic services I have attended... I knew most of the prayers. It was very enjoyable, I met some fellow bloggers in person and got to hear a great sermon. Thanks for letting me be a part of that special day.

3 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I was a Presbyterian long before I ever realized it. Mr. Rogers is my favorite Presbyterian.

MarkEC said...

Would you knit me a sweater, neighbor? :-)

AM Kingsfield said...

Sorry, wrong neighbor. Ask Anne.