Sunday, September 2, 2007


I am watching SNL, it's a rerun, but I recall when this show first started. I was in college in 1978 when John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Dan Akroyd, and others were on this show. We had all the great sketches, Coneheads, Two wild and crazy guys (when Steve Martin would host), the Bass-o-Matic, Swill, Samurai whatever, and many more. Our college lives revolved around it, we would go out early on Saturdays, to be back to watch the show by 11:30. There would be a packed house in the TV lounge, laughing uncontrollably. Have not had that experience with SNL in a long time. Cannot even imagine a TV show these days that I would plan my evening around... of course with DVR's that is not really an issue. What are some of your favorite sketches from the early SNL days?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I watched that last weekend when it aired! And tonight there is the lost 80's segments(wonder why they named it "lost"?---NOT!)
My absolute favs were Bill Murray and Gilda Radner. Any sketch they did was hilarious.

MarkEC said...

I watched the 80's segments.. no wonder some of them were lost! ;-) Interesting to hear all the politics going on behind the scenes.

Father Guido Sarducci.. almost forgot about him.. found a great sketch of his on YouTube. Enjoy!