Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Was just filling out the school picture form for my daughter.. it's picture day tomorrow. What package to choose? Do I really need 283 wallet size photos? With her name on them? Maybe 4 8x10's?... I think that would bother her to have 8x10 portraits all over the house. I usually split them with her mom, but there is always something weird, like 3 4x5's, so then have to figure out who gets the extra one. Should she be retouched or as is? I think she looks pretty as is. Then the one that really confuses me.. why is it more expensive to have one background over another? The environmental background is the cheapest.. are they trying to get us to have all our kids photos taken in the trees to raise global awareness? Does anyone get the new laser background?

I settled on package number 3, on the traditional background - retouched (just in case she is having a bad hair day). Now if she just looks awake in the photo, that would be great!

2 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

You have better background choice than we do. Ours is cheapest with a mottled gray background. If you want "violet" or "amber" it's extra. Same with retouching.
I always have high hopes for distribution of these photos, but I noticed my mom has two year old 8x10's. I never handed out last year's 283 photos.

Unknown said...

I hate 8x10s! Too big and no one wants them. All the packages have them. What a waste.
And why do we have so many choices??? Just take a nice photo of the kid and be done with it. (whoops, I forgot my Cymbalta today).