Friday, July 13, 2007






Have been vacationing with my daughter, her bff Michele and her family in Ocean City the last few days. We have been enjoying the beach, the cool breezes and summer fun. Tonight we went to the boardwalk and did what all good tourists do.. spend money! Henna tatoo, necklace, sunglasses, food, games, Thrasher fries, more games, rides, yet more games... it was a long day. I love all the games of "skill" that they have.. almost won the pellet gun shootout...so close. Did win the pool game, shooting in 4 balls... got that on the second try and made my daughter very happy with a huge stuffed dog that will probably scare our real one. What games do you like to play at the beach/carnival/midway?

4 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a fun day!

When I was in high school, a friend of mine got tricked into playing one of those carni games more than once. He wanted to try this game, but the carni guy kept saying things like "Oh, so close, here try it again," never mentioning an additional charge. Then he got socked with the bill and owed a lot of money for all the trys (with no prize!). Ever since, I don't go for such games of chance like that.

AM Kingsfield said...

On my last vacation, I believe my son spent $20 for a small pair of fuzzy dice.

Everyone got $10 for the arcade and we got stickers, tattos, and chinese fingertraps.

I'd rather shop, but I guess I'm buying entertainment.

Maureen said...

I'm impressed I have watched people play the pool game but never have seen anyone win. My hubby and me like skee ball we save our points for about a year and then get something silly. Last time we got a lawn knome that sits on the kitchen counter and holds a chalkboard to leave messages on,and if you knew my guys it can get out of hand quickly.

julie said...

Maureen, I would love to hear the stories of your boys and the lawn gnome...I am sure that they are hilarious.
My favorite thing is the fortune teller...you know that one...only the bust and it moves and seems kind of spooky and then it pushes out a piece of paper like a receipt and it tells you all about yourself...so fun.