Saturday, July 7, 2007

Dad is home and recuperating nicely.. got by to visit him while on a farm taxi run this afternoon. Had a wonderful day yesterday... got to hang off the side of a sailing catamaran in a position they call trapezing, supposedly I was helping to keep the boat from turning over.. not sure if that was a disparaging remark about my weight or not? ;-) It was a beautiful day to be out on the water and I was lucky to be able to tag along on this event. Thanks!

Had a wonderful time at the 4th of July party... met a lot of fun people and got to enjoy a poolside fireworks show. The occasional rain shower did not impede the festivities, just moved them indoors from time to time. I had the "honor" of working the grill, only burning a few of the burgers and managing to not set anything else on fire.. so I consider that a successful result. The hostess certainly throws great parties... I hope I get invited again... maybe I will burn less burgers next time?

Looking forward to a fun dinner date tonight with my two favorite "girls". Have never been to a "Melting Pot" before.. but remember my parent's fondue parties from the 70's. I used to load up my skewers since I got impatient waiting to eat... I think at this age, I should be able to be more patient. :-)

3 comments:

Mom said...

My burger was cooked to perfection. Thank you.
Good news about your dad.

AM Kingsfield said...

I never thought I'd ever actually trapeze. I just thought that was for the circus. You did look fine in that harness!

Both dinners were wonderful, but I like my Aunt Jean's advice to "eat dessert first." mmmmm

MarkEC said...

The cheese appetizer was very good, but I could skip the whole meal for that dessert.

I enjoy "hanging around" with you. :-) You are a lot of fun. (as quoted from my daughter)