Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Think I Need a New Camera?



I've been spending a lot of time at the farm lately. We bought a horse a few months ago and are now responsible for training and exercising the fellow. I have been around horses for a few years now and it always amazes me how each horse has such a unique personality. There are the stubborn ones, sneaky ones, sweet ones, high energy ones... just like us. Our's is a very sweet guy... I may be a little biased.

One of my duties at the farm (besides taxi service) is to document the activities of my daughter. Unfortunately I have two digital cameras, a 4 megapixel Pentax I bought a few years ago and my cell phone. They both have a nice 1 second or so delay before they take the photo... so its always a crap shoot if I get a good photo. Here are the worst and the best as examples (from my cell phone). I think its time to get a new camera!

I'm really not complaining about spending time at the farm.. when the weather is nice, it's a pretty place to be.

4 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

You'll enjoy a good camera - certainly a worthy investment. especially with such great subjects!

Anne said...

push half way down on the button so the camera has time to focus, then when you're ready, push the rest of the way down to snap your shot. focus on the center of the rail then you'll be ready when she jumps over.

Unknown said...

Listen to these two! Know-it-alls! Kidding.
What a nice hobbie for you and your daughter. Seems like a worthy investment of time and money.
I came to your blog by way of AMKingsfield, btw.

MarkEC said...

Thanks for the advice Anne... I will try that. And thanks for the comments... all of you!