Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Things are getting back to normal a bit around here. Back at work for a full week this week. I have received so many cards, e-mails, comments of support.. it has been wonderful. Thanks to all of you! And a special thanks to AM for her support and compassion... she is truly outstanding. :-)

I have been trying to come up with my MiMe, or minimalist memoir. The rules are as follows:
1. Write your own six-word memoir
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Mine is

Avid collector of multidimensional mental souvenirs
(hard to get exactly 6 words) ;-)
But alas, I don't know 5 people to tag that have not been tagged already.

Now, onto funny April Fool's stuff... did anyone hear the NPR piece about the IRS today? It's a few minutes long.. but so well done it had me fooled for a while... Click to Listen or you can read the story at Public Radio's Marketplace web site.

There was also some fun stuff for sale on ThinkGeek. My favorite was the Betamax to HD-DVD converter - one defunct technology to the other :-)

The only person who played a joke on me today was my daughter.. who told me as we drove to the farm that she got a science test back today and apologetically told me she got a 20 out of 100 on it. She had me for a moment... April Fools!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are back.

Good job on the mime. Still thinking about it.

Those crazy NPR folks.

Chuckle on the defunct technology jab.

No Fooling here. Nobody has the energy...

Mom said...

I hope the IRS sends me something like cruise tickets for my rebate.
Your mime sounds a lot like me.

AM Kingsfield said...

Nice photo.
I like the labyrinth lock at the bottom of the Think Geek page.