Monday, April 7, 2008


Another lovely weekend... well, it was the company, not the weather. Enjoyed dancing to the Crayfish on Friday night, a nice dinner out with friends C&C on Saturday. We went back to Jerry's seafood to partake of the crab bomb. These things are not cheap, but they are good! I was always partial to eating hard crabs, picking the meat out, so cannot say I am an expert on crab cakes.. but I have to think these are some of the better ones around. Sunday, started off with a lovely children's sermon delivered by AM. I really enjoy watching her interact with the kids and the congregation, always coming up with a creative way to make the lesson appeal to their young minds. I had to slip out early to get up to the farm for a schooling show my daughter decided to enter about the middle of last week. It was a rainy, muddy day... but she did well and tied for first in her class. Another blue ribbon for the collection!

That afternoon, the next home improvement adventure began, I spent a few hours trying to design my new kitchen with the Home Depot folks. We made some good progress.. but much still to do. I am going to be doing a work-with program I have found with a local contractor. I hope I am up for this.. it will be a big project and I am barely finding time to cut the grass at the moment (but that is more weather-related). I will undoubtably be blogging about this in the coming months. Maybe Anne will be able to commiserate ;-)

On to another work week... so probably not too much to blog about :-)

4 comments:

Dtodd said...

Get the uncooked crab cakes at Bowie Seafood on Rte. 197 near the old Giant. They're excellent. Course you gotta cook them first.

Unknown said...

Mmmm, Craaaabb. Slurp!.

Good luck on the kitchen re-do. I would give my eye teeth to re-do mine.
My mom promised I could have her old electric stove when she buys a new one and I changed the light bulb over my sink last week. That's the extent of my re-do right now.

AM Kingsfield said...

Light bulbs!

We are all hoping to dazzle Greeny with our crabs this summer.

I am looking forward to attending one of these horse shows. She's doing so wonderfully!

Unknown said...

Gosh, I really want to be dazzled!