Tuesday, February 12, 2008


It's always a challenge, and I don't do this very often.. probably only a few times since I have lived in Maryland. I researched... we both did. Thought we had crossed all the t's, dotted all the i's. But they always find a way, it is their mission... to crush your organizational skills and send you away dejected. You all know this.. I am sure it has happened to all of us! I had the proof of insurance, the title, the lien release on the title, the notarized bill of sale, the inspection certificate.. and I presented these to the Frederick MVA with the hope of getting tags and title to my new to me car. But, noooooo! I had the yellow copy of the inspection.. not the white one! It was a disaster.. everything started to spin.. they were all laughing at me.. the humiliation! :-)

OK, it wasn't that bad... it cost me an extra $20 for a temporary sticker and I have to go back with the white copy in the next month.. but I got the tags and picked up the new to me car at my friend's in Baltimore. This car is a Civic coupe, 5 speed, and it's been a while since I drove a stick regularly, but I got good practice driving it home in rush hour, in a freezing rain storm. What a day! Hope you are all home, safe and warm on a night like this.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Us crazy yogis were all at the church...yogiing... good thing too since it gave a place for some to get out of that crazy traffic mess yesterday! Poor you-I can't imagine driving in it with a rental and a stick! Hope you did your deep breathing....

AM Kingsfield said...

I'm going to have to help you in the mid-life crisis department. That was a very reasonable car, although it does looks good on you!