Sunday, February 3, 2008

Had another wonderful weekend. Went to my first yoga class on Thursday night and followed it up with a 6 hour "retreat" on Saturday. I now have a full understanding of how inflexible I have become, at least as far as my joints go. ;-) I have to say that I felt very relaxed the rest of the day and just a little bit sore the next morning.

Today I was running errands, picking up my daughter, taking her to the farm, general dashing around stuff. On the way home I was saying we needed to go to the grocery store, the daughter suggested we go during the Superbowl, since it wouldn't be crowded. I though this was not a bad idea, we weren't going to any parties.. so at 6:30, we went to dinner at Uno's (there were 5 groups of people there), service was excellent, and then off to the grocery store, which we completeted in 15 minutes. It was strange seeing how much of an impact this sporting event has on our society... it was a ghost town out there. Oh, and the soda and potato chip aisles at the store were barren!

Did watch the second half... the game was actually more entertaining than the commercials for a change. We enjoyed the horse race with Shaquille O'Neal as a jockey for Vitamin water. What were your favorite commercials?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't watch much of the game but sat down pretty much as the halftime show went on. My daughter and her girlfriend had the game on for the whole thing. YOu'll have to ask them to critique.
Youza for Mr. Tom Petty. He didn't look like death warmed over and he sounded pretty darned good, don't you think?

YOur daughter is a very good planner.

Anne said...

I didn't turn on the game until the 3rd quarter. Won $20 in the pool, too.

Mom said...

You are now an official yogi.
I liked the Bridgestone tire ads with the scared squirrel and Richard Simmons.

MarkEC said...

Greeny... always liked Tom Petty, but missed his performance. As for daughter and planning.. those rarely go together.

Anne.. congrats on the $20. This is the first year in a long time I didn't have a square to watch for.

Mom... Official? Does that mean I get a Boo Boo and picnic baskets now? ;-) Those Bridgestone ads were great too!

Linda said...

You can have a picnic basket but you don't get a BooBoo til you're level 3.

MarkEC said...

Yolinna... Level 3? I think I will have a lot of real boo boo's by then. :-) Looking forward to the couples class on the 14th. Thanks for such a relaxing day.

AM Kingsfield said...

What's a boo boo? I thought I knew.

Dtodd said...

Good thing you picked the right Uno's to dine at during the big game. The Uno's in Largo had a Super Bowl shooting, which is a little depressing.

MarkEC said...

AM - boo boo = ouch, or Boo Boo = Yogi bear sidekick (don't look at the urban dictionary.. there are some there that are gross)

Dant - I heard about that the next day, I was lucky to pick the right Uno's. Phew! ;-)