Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another evening at the farm. I will appreciate when things dry up a bit and I am not tracking so much mud around with me. It was warm today, almost 70 and the storms held off so my daughter was riding in the outdoor ring. Her and her horse were having a nice workout, when the wind started to pick up. After a nice combination jump, the horse got spooked and took off a bit. I was proud to see her sticking with it, but it was a bit of a battle... I stopped taping as they sped past, in case I needed to help in some way, but she worked him into a corner, hopped off and calmed him down. I remember a few years ago that this would have been a major trauma.. but her thoughts were... "I can't wait to post this to my YouTube account!". Boy have things changed since I was a kid. :-)

Here is the video, taken just a few hours ago and now available to the world!

3 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

I'd be nervous too with my daughter trying to rein in all that wild animal spirit. She seems so calm and controlled.
Bravo on the videography and captioning!

just me said...

My son rides - has been doing so since age 4 1/2 - and thankfully has never had an experience like that. But he rides in a therapeutic riding program, so the instructors are always on alert.

He once saw a fellow rider get thrown, and I wondered if it would affect him. Fortunately, it didn't.

Kudos to your girl!

Unknown said...

Way cool! She looks so in control.