Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Was out Christmas shopping today and got a phone call from my dad. He got the results of his CT scan and there is no sign of a tumor anymore. Last year, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and soon after he went into the hospital with pneumonia and almost didn't come out. This year, the surgery, chemo and radiation treatments have done their job.. along with just getting back from two weeks in St. Maartens (that had to help!). Some gifts you just cannot put a bow on and set under the tree!

4 comments:

AM Kingsfield said...

What a difference a year makes! Wonderful news!

Mom said...

What a wonderful gift!

Unknown said...

Tremendous news! You are right about gifts!

John said...

I am so happy for you. I have just reached the age where I start thinking about the mortality of my parents. Not a pleasant thought.