Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why is it that one home project leads to another and another? The kitchen is basically done, but my new refrigerator was delivered last Friday with a dent in it.. so I had to send it back and wait for another. In the meantime, I have been replacing old doors with new 6 panel doors throughout the house. Once that is done, I will paint all the doors and white trim in some sort of painting marathon. Have more ceilings to paint too! The new living room set is in and comfortable... but I have not decided the exact layout of the living room yet, so no photos taken. And of course more cleaning to do! Next time :-)

I got to put my home improvement skills and new cordless tool set to use helping AM with some final basement touch ups last weekend. Still a few things to do there also.. but her basement looks great. Why is it her projects seem more fun?

We did a pub crawl/ghost tour in Annapolis last Saturday. It ended up more crawling than ghost stories, but very enjoyable. Made it a little harder to get up for church on Sunday, but we made it in time for AM to do her class and services. Even managed to stick around for a lacrosse game and burgers at 5-guys before heading back to my house.

Daughter is doing great with her classwork so far.. a few minor glitches on some assignements getting turned in, but her grades have been holding up at this point. I think she is enjoying her new school, and planning for the homecoming dance in the next few weekends.

Now if I can get the house projects done, get the economy straightened out, the right people elected, and some major events at work completed, I think I could relax and enjoy mysel! ;-)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like life is good.

AM Kingsfield said...

I love it when you come over to adjust my doors and oil my hinges.

Anne said...

"... oil my hinges."?

That's a new one on me.

AM Kingsfield said...

sorry, couldn't resist. But he really did adjust my doors and oil my hinges.