Friday, September 12, 2008

Well... it's obviously been hard for me to get a blog post done lately. I have spent my evenings finishing things up, trying to get moved back into my living spaces. The kitchen is 98% done.. refrigerator still to come, some trim painting to finish, etc. I think it has turned out wonderfully. I am really enjoying a nice new room in this old house... has me inspired to work on updating the look elsewhere (and cleaning out the place). While out wandering around with AM and her girls last weekend. we stopped into a furniture clearance store to shop for a new bed for her youngest.. and I ended up walking out having purchased a new living room set. That arrives this weekend! A lot of changes in this space that hasn't changed much in the 7 years I have lived here.

Here are a few photos of the new kitchen. Hope to get back to posting with better regularity in the future... but who knows what project I will start on next. Pllus, I hear Facebook is a fun place to visit.. may have to check that out, see if I can make a friend or two! ;-)



9 comments:

Mom said...

Looks beautiful. Well done!

julie said...

mark, this looks great!!!

just me said...

Looks great - how was the experience? I'm always looking for a good contractor.

MarkEC said...

Mom, Julie - Thanks!

Just me- I was doing a work-with program so I had to help. And with only working on the weekends, it was a long project. I am happy with the result, but it is hard to give up the weekends! I would definitely use these guys again.. when I have some money, which may be a while. ;-)

just me said...

Do they only do work-with projects? Neither myself or my hubby are handy - and he usually has to work for at least part of the weekend.

Magenta said...

Good work ... but I must admit, I would want a refridgerator too!

Can't wait to send you some Facebook "flair"!

MarkEC said...

Just me - they will work without your help.. just costs a bit more in the long run. :-)

Anne said...

mighty purdy

Unknown said...

That is a lovely job! Now for a bottle of wine or five and a group of friends to warm it! I'd bring you a big ole 5 foot palm or ficus tree for that "greeny" look. I'd put it in a really big basket or maybe a nice glazed pot right there on the snippet of wall before you go around the corner into the dining room area.
Show us the living room set (clapping hands and sitting up straight)