Monday, August 25, 2008

I now have a high school student in the house.  Today was her first day in 9th grade and after her new haircut and new clothes from the past weekend, she seemed ready for it.  We did orientation last week and she ran into an old friend from the horse farm and another from her old soccer team.. so I was happy to see her rekindling old friendships right from the start.  It should be an interesting 4 years.. I am sure you will hear all about it here. :-)

I got a little busy and missed the week 3 installment of the kitchen.. so adding those photos at the bottom.  We just finished weekend 4 of kitchen work.  The cabinets are in, the moldings up, the painting done (minus some touch up work).   Looks like about two more weekends to finish the job.   Then comes the cleaning.. ugh!  I have given up for the most part until we finish getting the floor in next weekend.






Last time I posted, we were about to play golf.  That was a beautiful, low humidity day (unusual for August in Maryland) and I had the good fortune of making one great shot and won a hole contest for $165.  The first (and possibly the last) time I ever make money from playing golf!  We all had our good shots interspersed with the numerous bad ones, but we all enjoyed ourselves.







3 comments:

just me said...

Good luck with the high school thing... I hope your daughter has less drama than mine did last year :)

The kitchen is looking good so far... when all is said and done, I will want to pick your brain about the experience as I am thinking about updating mine too.

Mom said...

It's looking good so far. I know you will be glad to get your house back.

AM Kingsfield said...

I can't tell, is that 6 or 7 vacancies in the new wine rack? I'll get right on that.