Monday, October 20, 2008





AM and I just got back from a lovely retreat for spa pampering in Berkely Springs on Friday and Saturday. I had never done that before, and I can now see how it could become a regular treat. We wandered around this small town in West Virginia, strolling into the stores, dining, seeing a movie in a very old and quaint movie theater there. The show, popcorn and drinks for $8.50! Can't even get one ticket for that back in our neighborhoods.


Update on the kitchen.. it's done! Well.. almost. The refrigerator comes on Wednesday. It's been a long wait on that! The doors are all in, and some of them are even painted. Still work to do there. My daughter and I did a near total clearing out of her room.. which now looks great... but all that stuff (that did not immediately get thrown out) is now added to the clutter in the basement. So, one step at a time.. the house will get looking good one day. Since I am hosting Thanksgiving this year.. I guess I have a deadline. ;-)

Sometime in the middle of all this.. the hot tub sprang a leak.. but that is fixed now. Just in time for the cooler fall and winter nights when its the best!

Will be getting back to checking out and commenting on others blogs... I have just been swamped with work, both regular and some side jobs that have made it hard to do more internet work for fun! :-)

Looking forward to seeing some spooky Halloween costumes in the coming weeks. And more SNL skits on the politics.. they have been very entertaining!

5 comments:

John said...

I'm assuming that "Country Inn" is where ya'll stayed. It looks familiar. I think I stayed there once when I had a tour group back when I was in the bus business.Nice place, whichever one it was. Congrats on getting the daughters room cleared out. I'm dreading when my 21 year old daughter finally decides to move. I doubt I'll ever get her room cleared. She amazes me with her junk. Oh well. She's a sweetie though.

Anne said...

I can hook you up with my regular massage therapist if you want.

just me said...

here's a great way to get rid of junk... freecycle. just go to their website (freecycle.org) and enter your zip to find the one closest to you.

congrats on the kitchen!

will we see you at TJ Elliott's for the Crayfish this Halloween? I don't think we've seen each other since July 4 at AM's - how sad.

AM Kingsfield said...

lovely getaway
Great flick too - "Ghosttown" in case anyone missed it. Hilarious!

Mom said...

I promise not to look in the basement, but look forward to Thanksgiving.
Berkley Springs is a good place for a quick retreat from the world, but a bit too long of a drive for a cheap movie.