Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The taxes are done! Since we share joint custody of our daughter, we also take turns claiming her as a dependent. This is my year, so I look forward to a sizable increase over last years refund. Wonder who I can spend it on? 200 lbs of chocolate peanut butter fudge perhaps? Would make an impressive Easter basket!

Looking forward to the start of Spring Break this weekend. Going to take some time off and bounce around the area... checking out new places, restaurants, etc... should be fun and relaxing, just what we need. :-)

This past weekend, the farm (remember that place? I think I have mentioned going there once or twice before) had a dressage clinic. So was there bright and early, with one hour less sleep for DST, and several hours less sleep for finishing the taxes. So I guzzled my coffee and got a few photos. The daughter won her class and got another ribbon for the fire hazard display growing in her room.

Tonight was Living History at the school. Not sure how widespread this is, but it is a very interesting program. The kids have been working over the last few months to research, write a script, practice, and get a costume and props together. Tonight they performed for their classmates and the gathered parents. They were all nervous (mine especially), but I could see the sense of accomplishment and relief on each one as they finished. It was an informative, entertaining event. My daughter played Eleanor Roosevelt and her friend played Marian Anderson. They did great! :-)

7 comments:

just me said...

Lovely riding photo.

My son resumed riding last Sat. His therapeutic riding program has finally finished their indoor arena, so his lesson went on even tho it was raining. Yay! How nice not to have to obsess over the weather - altho I must admit it felt a bit strange driving up to the barn in the rain.

He was happy to be back on the horse. As the "season" winds down in Nov he's usually ready for a break, but by spring he's rarin' to go again.

Unknown said...

Good job to the daughter and you for getting her there.

Just think how nice that Spring break will be....
My kids have both have classes like that-"Night of the Notables" and it is a bit nerve-wracking. What a great accomplishment though.

MMM said...

I'm glad all of the events went well. Tell Mary that I have a picture of her great-grandfather with Eleanor Roosevelt when she visited Red Bank, NJ.

julie said...

I love the Marian Anderson's story! Excited that they chose to tell that particular story.

MarkEC said...

My daughter did something similar called "Blacks in Wax." When she first told me about it, I thought she said "Blacks and WACS." My other daughter thought they were referring to white people as Wax. It seemed a bit strange, but ultimately the idea was the same as your daughter did.

I've never seen Mary so dressed up. She looks beautiful!

MarkEC said...

That was AM posting under my account by accident. ;-)

AM Kingsfield said...

You are tagged to do a MiMe: a minimalist memoir. Check out my blog for details.