Thursday, September 17, 2009

I guess I am on a bimonthly blog schedule at this point. Somewhat related to when I download all the photos of my memory card. I am going to have to post these over several days, since I have too many photos.

August 8 - Day Trip to Philadelphia

AM and I shot up 95 to meet up with friends Linne and Kenny. Did the touristy things and saw the Liberty Bell, the Napolean exhibit at the National Constitution Center, had an authentic Philly Cheesesteak at Campos, wandered over to see The Betsy Ross house (but were prevented from that site by the arrival of Michelle Obama and daughters, who were doing their own site-seeing that day), dropped by the Franklin Institute later in the day and had a look at the Star Trek Exhibit. Walking back to where the car was parked, we saw two weddings have photos done at a local fountain square. It was a great day trip... we came back with an interesting souvenir, a lenticular photo of us from the Star Trek exhibit. When you change the angle, we disappear from the transporter pad. Yes, it is the geekiest souvenir ever! :-)




More to come...

3 comments:

Anne said...

glad to read you're still alive.

Mom said...

nice pictures

Unknown said...

That fountain water was a welcome refreshment on that sweaty day.

The souvenir photo is my favorite travel souvenir to date, beating out my Graceland portrait.