Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I was going to write about the inauguration, but my sweetheart expressed things so much better than I ever can. I was inspired by our new president, his eloquence, his grasp of what this country means, the tasks that lie before us. I feel like he has the tools to move things forward, if we can just overcome politics as usual in this country. I did miss out on the champagne toast with AM and her oldest, but I hope to toast many of this president's accomplishments in the future. As for the rest of today, I had to get home to a less than healthy young lady. This week is high school midterms, so she dragged herself into school for the test, but then home soon after since she was not feeling so well. Hopefully we will make it through the rest of this week of half days and exams.

I finally got around to downloading my memory card in my camera, so here are a few samples of the past few weeks.

Our post Christmas trip to DC... playing tourists.




Happy New Year to everyone!


The noisier of the two new kittens that took up residence with AM over the Christmas break.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Nice to see you back here in blogland.

Anne said...

I didn't expect to see myself on your blog when I opened it!

John said...

Here's an interesting point. That barricade your sweetie was standing by, I was about a hundred feet away from it. But that was when it was being loaded on a flatbed in Chicago. I was up there a week or so ago and there was truck after truck pulling in this little place and being loaded up with those things, headed for DC.

Henrylew said...

coc new server 2020