Thursday, November 13, 2008

A few weeks back I mentioned that one home improvement project seems to lead to another... well those continue, still doors to paint, ceilings to touch-up. But I have been wonderfully distracted by my iPhone that AM gave me for my birthday. A new system to set up and customize... well, that led to a purging of my contact list and calendars before I put them on the phone. Do I really need the number for my daughter's elementary school health room any more? She is in high school after all. The dentist we used two dentist's ago.. nah, that can go to. I whittled the list down by a hundred or so numbers. Some I couldn't even recognize! It felt good to start with a more organized slate of people that I may need to get in touch with.

Having somehow stimulated these organizational brain circuits.. I spent several hours the other day clearing out the old stuff in the basement. I have a lot of big plastic bins that are great at hiding away things that should have been thrown out or given away years ago. Boxes of stuffed animals, old toys, unpaired shoes.. out they went, or were sorted into boxes to go to the charities. Still much to do.. but I am making progress.

I am a bit concerned about what's next, my computer desktop and all its files? The garage? Maybe I will just go back to enjoying my iPhone.. probably could use a new playlist for that. I have several in my ITunes that need to be purged and redone. Oh no.. its happening again. Someone please make it stop! :-)

3 comments:

Anne said...

A little trick they don't tell you anywhere:

in Safari, if you hold down the .com button you're given the additional options of .es, .edu, .org, and .net.

Oh, and a double click on the mic switch on the headset will skip to the next song in queue.

AM Kingsfield said...

ah, the mac people speak their own language!

John said...

It's a never-ending, vicious, ugly, pus-encrusted cycle. How's that for a mental picture. Sit down and go through the Itunes before you do anything else. After all, we all need to get our priorities straight.