Monday, June 9, 2008

It's official... my daughter is now 14 yrs old. Well, she was actually born a bit after 9 pm, but that is just a technicality. We started celebrating with a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot on Friday with AM, her kids and my mom. That is quite a feast.. especially the dessert. Today she was over at her mom's for a family party. A trip to Hershey Park with a select few friends was her birthday request, so we will have to work that out in the next month or so.

She still has a week of school left, she did get to start a bit later... but I am sure it is tough with so many others out of school at this point.

I was headed home tonight to pick her up from her mom's after spending a very pleasant few hours at AM's, enjoying the pool on this very hot day. I try to remember to put on NPR on the Sunday evening drives since they play the old radio shows. My roommate in college used to listen to these... Dragnet, The Shadow, Baby Snooks, tonight I was treated to one I had never heard of... Johnny Dollar... a freelance insurance inspector. They actually thought the adventures of an insurance inspector made good entertainment? I listened for a while, it was tied together by his expense account.. but reached my destination before I found out what happened with the stolen fur coat.

What else has been going on... planning for vacation, working, trying to stay cool! Started clearing out the kitchen a bit tonight... scary when you find things deep in a cabinet that were best used three years ago. Have 10 boxes of Spongebob Macaroni and Cheese.. obviously not the popular food choice lately. :-)

Thought I was going to be able to post a photo of the last band concert, my daughter's finale as a percussionist I am told, but they were out of focus. Hopefully I will have some better photos to post in the coming weeks.

To my daughter - I wish her a Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

just me said...

Happy Birthday to her - sounds like a good time was had by all. My daughter's birthday (#15) is Sun, which is also Father's Day. I hope you have a wonderful one.

ps - thanks for the horseback riding info. I passed it on.

good luck with the kitchen!

Mom said...

Happy birthday, Mary!

Unknown said...

Milestones. Sometimes they break our hearts and othertimes leave us smiling.
I heard it was hot up there!

Gosh, maybe if I move to Maryland, I can start going to Europe on vacation. First Anne and her family and now you all.
Or maybe I'll just come for your slide show....

Jon said...

Yours Truly Johnny Dollar is an all-time favorite old time radio show. For more Johnny Dollar than you can shake a stick at: I found this page which might be of interest:

http://otrcat.com/yourstrulyjohnnydollar-p-2020.html

AM Kingsfield said...

We look forward to the ongoing celebration!

Greeny - you should move to Maryland!

Unknown said...

So AM, you're saying the slide show is out?
Id have immediate friends to borrow stuff from if I did move, which is a big plus..